Volunteering to help with X-Travaganza is a fun and rewarding way to meet fellow parents, alumni and other St. Xavier supporters. Please read through the many opportunities and consider joining the X-traordinary volunteer community that is X-Travaganza!
- Printable list of the different X-trav volunteer opportunities.
- Printable Sign up Form to mail in.
- Preferred method - Sign up online!
Questions? Contact the X-Travaganza Office at 513.761.7815.
- Joyce Bowman ext. 111
- Amy Mueller ext. 144
- Cathy Cionni ext. 113.
FLEXIBLE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES throughout the school year:
• Catalog Writing – Write descriptions of auction items for event and online auctions.
• Food – Provide snacks or drinks as needed for various X-Travaganza activities.
• Office Help – Volunteer in the X-Travaganza office: mailings, filing, computer entry, catalog photography, etc.
X-TRAVAGANZA AUCTION GIFT DONATIONS September - January:
“Gifts” = anything that can be sold in the auctions, such as gift certificates (restaurants, services, stores); sports and concert tickets; baskets; electronics; artwork; sports memorabilia and housewares. X-Travaganza needs 1,500+ gifts each year to make the auctions successful!
• New Gifts: Solicit gifts from donors who did not give to St. Xavier last year. Contact businesses to reach new donors. Support materials provided in September. Freshman parents needed!
• Donor Renewal: Volunteers make follow-up phone calls to past donors of auction gifts. (Donors will already have received letters from X-Travaganza).
• Live Auction: Committee volunteers procure high value gifts for the X-Travaganza Live Auction.
• Gift Pick Up: Make pre-arranged pick-ups of donated auction gifts in your own area of town, then deliver the gifts to the X-Travaganza office.
GRAND RAFFLE January - March:
Grand Raffle raises funds specifically for tuition assistance. We mail letters to current parents and past raffle ticket buyers, then volunteers place follow up phone calls, send emails and help with office work.
HELP AT EVENTS September - March:
• Ladies Bunco – Work on planning committee or at event, October 18, 2022
• Trivia Night – Help with event set-up, bartending or selling split the pot/raffle tickets, January 21, 2023.
• Golf Outing – Help with planning and at the event. May 22, 2023
• Opening Party Set-up – Assist with decorating gym and lobby, set up silent auction. Thursday, March 2 - Friday, March 3
• Opening Party – Volunteer at this casual preview party for food prep, raffle sales or silent auction. Friday evening, March 3, 2023
• X-Travaganza Event Set Up – Set up decorations, shelving, etc. in the gym and lobby. Wednesday, March 1 - Friday, March 3, 2023.
• X-Travaganza Silent Auction Set Up - Thursday, March 2 - Friday, March 3
• X-Travaganza Event Night – Volunteer for a shift the night of X-Travaganza to help with raffles, grab bag, silent auction, etc. Saturday evening, March 4, 2023.
• X-Travaganza Event Clean Up – Tear down tables/chairs, collect decorations for storage and clean up gyms and lobby. Sunday morning, March 5, 2023.
Questions? Contact the X-Travaganza Office at 761-7815, ext. 111, 144 or 113.