Technology for Students
Bring Your Own Laptop (BYOL) Information
As you look to make a device purchase for your son, please use these requirements to help you with your purchase.
Please note that some of the devices you’ll see in the market are called “2 in 1,” as they can also function as tablets. These devices are perfectly acceptable along with the traditional laptop.
Our hope is that these devices will be able to last your son throughout his time at St. Xavier. Purchasing an extended warranty/insurance will help ensure that the device can last.
Should you have any questions about purchasing a device, please contact the St. Xavier IT department at 513- 761-7600x231.
If you are interested in the financial aid process for devices, please contact the Admissions office.
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or i7
- Memory: 8GB minimum, 16 GB strongly recommeded
- Hard Drive: 128 GB or more
- Display type: Touchscreen LED (must work with a stylus)
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Ports: USB 3.0 | Headphone | HDMI or Display Port
- Physical keyboard (either attached or Bluetooth)
- Battery: 8 hours after a full charge
- Purchase an extended warranty/accidental damage protection for the times when something is broken.
- Current and active antivirus/anti-malware protection
- At this time, our requirement for touch screen capability excludes the Apple laptops. Should Apple release laptops with that capability, they will be considered for addition to the list.
- When your son begins at St. Xavier, he will be given an Office 365 account. This will allow him to download Microsoft Office for free. Please do not buy this.