Summer Mission Trips
St. Xavier students are open to growth and committed to doing justice.
What should you expect while serving on a summer mission trip?
- Learn more about issues others face in our own city, others parts of the US or abroad
- Build relationships with other students, your chaperones and local community members
- Live simply and be away from your cell phone
- Discover new talents, skills and ways of thinking while experiencing a new environment
Students will select three trips. Consider your summer schedule, price and what you’re interested in. More specific information for each trip will be released in January. Our goal is for you to be placed on one of your three trip choices.
Activities listed are what we expect for each trip, but might change. Activities are listed in order of that trip’s expected focus and may include the following:
Immersion: Hands-on learning experiences, discovering new cultures, education on social justice issues
Physical work: Construction, farm work, sorting items, cleaning, home repair
Working with people: Soup kitchens, children’s programs, local community activities
- Detroit, MI | June 3 - June 8 / $685: Immersion, physical work, working with people
- Ecuador, South America | June 3 - June 10 / $2,400: Working with people, immersion, physical work
- Costa Rica | June 9 - June 16 / $2,400: Physical work, working with kids, immersion
- Wheeling, WV | June 9 - June 15 / $625: Physical work, working with people, immersion
- Pine Ridge, SD | June 15 - June 21 / $1,700: Working with people, immersion, physical work
- Rockcastle, KY | June 16 - June 21 / $625: Physical work, working with people, immersion
- Over-the-Rhine | June 16 - June 21 / $475: Immersion, working with people, physical work
- Chicago, IL | June 23 - June 29 / $685: Immersion, working with people, physical work
- Toppa Joppa, TN | June 30 - July 6 / $625: Working with kids, immersion, physical work
- Louisville, KY | July 7 - July 14 / $685: Working with people, immersion, physical work
- Cincinnati, OH | July 14 - July 19 / $475: Working with people, physical work, immersion
- Nogales, AZ | July 28 - August 3 / $1,700: Working with people, immersion, physical work