Summer Mission Trips
St. Xavier students are open to growth and committed to doing justice.
What should students expect while serving on a summer mission trip?
- Learn more about issues others face in our own city, others parts of the U.S., or abroad.
- Build relationships with other students, chaperones, and local community members.
- Live simply and be away from the constant connection of cell phones and social media.
- Discover new talents, skills, and ways of thinking while experiencing a new environment.
Students will select three trips, and should consider their summer schedule, price, and what they are interested in when determining which trips to select. Our goal is for students to be placed on one of their three trip choices.
Activities listed are what we expect for each trip, but might change. Activities may include the following:
- Immersion: Hands-on learning experiences, discovering new cultures, education on social justice issues.
- Physical work: Construction, farm work, sorting items, cleaning, home repair.
- Working with people: Soup kitchens, children’s programs, local community activities.
The following trips have been vetted by St. Xavier High School not only for the meaningfulness and value of the experience, but also safety. Many of these organizations have partnered with us for years while some are new. We have gone to great lengths to ensure that every trip will challenge our students in a safe environment.
Students will also participate in daily reflections where they will process their experiences through journaling, prayer and discussion.
Most trips will have ten St. X students and two adult chaperones.
- Louisville, KY | March 15 - March 20 (Spring Break '20) | $390: Working with people, Immersion, Physical work
- Guatemala | May 30 - June 6 | $2,650: Physical work, Working with kids, Immersion
- Detroit, MI | June 1 - June 6 / $685: Immersion, Physical work, Working with people
- Costa Rica | June 7 - June 14 | $2,650: Physical work, Working with Kids, Immersion
- Wheeling, WV | June 7 - June 14 | $625: Working with people, Physical Work, Immersion
- Pine Ridge, SD | June 13 - June 19 | $1,750: Working with people, Immersion, Physical work
- Rockcastle, KY | June 14 - June 19 | $625: Physical work, Working with People, Immersion
- Chicago, IL | June 21 - June 26 | $685: Immersion, Working with People, Physical work
- Over-the-Rhine | June 21 - June 26 | $450: Immersion, Working with people, Physical work
- Toppa Joppa, TN | June 28 - July 4 | $625: Working with kids, Physical work, Immersion
- Louisville, KY | July 5 - July 11 | $685: Working with people, Immersion, Physical work
- Cincinnati, OH | July 19 - July 24 | $450: Working with people, Immersion, Physical work
- Nogales, AZ | July 25 - August 1 | $1,750: Immersion, Working with people, Physical work