Summer Mission Trips
St. Xavier students are open to growth and committed to doing justice.
What should students expect while serving on a summer mission trip?
- Learn more about issues others face in our own city, others parts of the U.S., or abroad.
- Build relationships with other students, chaperones, and local community members.
- Live simply and be away from the constant connection of cell phones and social media.
- Discover new talents, skills, and ways of thinking while experiencing a new environment.
Students will select three trips, and should consider their summer schedule, price, and what they are interested in when determining which trips to select. Our goal is for students to be placed on one of their three trip choices.
Activities listed are what we expect for each trip, but might change. Activities may include the following:
- Immersion: Hands-on learning experiences, discovering new cultures, education on social justice issues.
- Physical work: Construction, farm work, sorting items, cleaning, home repair.
- Working with people: Soup kitchens, children’s programs, local community activities.
- Detroit, MI | June 3 - June 8 / $685: Immersion, physical work, working with people
- Ecuador, South America | June 3 - June 10 / $2,400: Working with people, immersion, physical work
- Costa Rica | June 9 - June 16 / $2,400: Physical work, working with kids, immersion
- Wheeling, WV | June 9 - June 15 / $625: Physical work, working with people, immersion
- Pine Ridge, SD | June 15 - June 21 / $1,700: Working with people, immersion, physical work
- Rockcastle, KY | June 16 - June 21 / $625: Physical work, working with people, immersion
- Over-the-Rhine | June 16 - June 21 / $475: Immersion, working with people, physical work
- Chicago, IL | June 23 - June 29 / $685: Immersion, working with people, physical work
- Toppa Joppa, TN | June 30 - July 6 / $625: Working with kids, immersion, physical work
- Louisville, KY | July 7 - July 14 / $685: Working with people, immersion, physical work
- Cincinnati, OH | July 14 - July 19 / $475: Working with people, physical work, immersion
- Nogales, AZ | July 28 - August 3 / $1,700: Working with people, immersion, physical work