Visiting St. X / Shadowing
If you are a prospective student interested in attending St. Xavier starting in the Fall of 2019, we encourage you to visit through an X-perience Day (our shadowing program), our family centered X-perience Night, and our annual Open House.
If you would like to schedule a one-on-one tour, or have a consultation with a member of the enrollment staff, please contact the Office of Enrollment at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.618.3258.
X-Perience Days (Shadowing)
Not visited campus yet? Have been here many times but never during the regular school day? Either way, you should register for an X-perience Day visit to be part of a day at St. X.
If you are requesting your son to shadow a particular student, please make requests a minimum of 48 hours in advance. Thank you!
Our brochure and website are great, but they only provide a quick snapshot of what our daily life is all about. The best way to get a feel for St. Xavier is to experience it in person with a member of our Ambassadors of Xcellence. Walk our campus, hear us pray together, visit up to four classes, have lunch, and experience the freedom our schedule provides. Our goal is for you to leave with a better understanding of the Jesuit spirit and enthusiasm at St. X, and you begin to see the advantage of a St. Xavier education.
Did we mention your parents are invited to attend our Parent Coffee session? After all, they will be instrumental in guiding you to select the high school best suited for you.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Enrollment at 513.618.3258.
X-Perience Day Dates for the 2018-19 school year:
- September 11*, 12*, 18*, 19*, 20*, 25**, 26**, 27**
- October 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 31
- November 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 27, 28
- December 4, 5, 6, 12, 13, 14
* On these days, Ambassadors of Xcellence are Sophomores only.
** On these days, Ambassadors of Xcellence are Juniors only.
- The Enrollment Office opens at 7:30 a.m. Please arrive no later than 7:45 a.m.
- An Enrollment Office member will be present to greet you and your Ambassador will pick you up after the first bell of the day.
- All prospective students will attend four class periods, homeroom and our flex/lunch period. A typical day often includes a “free” period.
- Please bring a book to read in class in the event of a test or quiz.
- Your X-perience Day is over at 2:30 p.m. and students will be dropped off at the main entrance of St. Xavier High School where you were greeted during the morning.
- Nice casual is the general rule for St. Xavier dress standards.
- Dress pants with a collared shirt or polo shirt tucked in with a belt for boys
- No jeans, cargos, or sweatpants
- Students are to wear comfortable dress shoes or gym shoes.
- Each prospective student receives a Bomber Buck – a dollar off on any purchase in the cafeteria.
- Average student lunch is $4.
- May bring your own brown-bag lunch if you wish.
- Because of our rotating schedule, we cannot always accommodate special requests for class preference.
- Visits will generally take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and will not be granted on exam days, and/or around special events.
- Reservations are first come, first served and will be limited to 25-30 students per day.
- All student guides are recruited from the Ambassadors of Xcellence Club and must be a freshman or sophomore in order to host 8th grade students.
- If you have a friend currently enrolled at St. Xavier and would like to have him serve as your host, please make the request to the Office of Enrollment after scheduling by calling 513.618.3258.
Parents interested in learning more about St. Xavier, tuition assistance and the Enrollment process will have the opportunity to meet with a member of the Enrollment team at 8:05 a.m. on the days the X-perience Day program is offered.
In the event of inclement weather, prospective students who are scheduled to shadow may still do so on delayed start days. Check the website for the scheduled start time and plan to arrive in our main lobby 25 to 30 minutes ahead of time. Should classes be canceled, a member of the Office of Enrollment will call to reschedule your visit.