Apply to St. Xavier
- _____ Complete the on-line St. Xavier High School Class of 2027 Priority Application by Wednesday, November 30. You will need to create an account in our application portal to begin the process. Click here to apply
- _____ Enter the email addresses of an English, math and teacher of choice.
- _____ Forward the Release of Records form, found below or in the application portal, to the appropriate office at your grade school.
- _____ Register online for the High School Placement Test (HSPT) through the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. HSPT will take place on November 19. Registration is open August 1 - November 2. Click here to register
- _____ Register to Shadow a student. Click here to register
- _____ St. Xavier Open House is Sunday, November 13 from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (optional) Click here to register
- _____ Priority Financial Aid Application submitted by November 30, 2022. St. Xavier High School's ID number for FACTS is 16693 Click here to submit an application
- _____ Xcellent Scholarship applilcation due November 30, 2022. Click here for more information.
- The High School Placement Test (HSPT) is the standardized test that the archdiocese uses for placement in many high schools and entrance for St. Xavier. All students who take the HSPT will have the option to send their scores to three schools.
- St. Xavier receives about 1,000 test scores. Of those students over 750 typically will complete the full application process.
- St. Xavier admits A/B students who score well on standardized testing, 70th percentile or higher. However, all students who apply undergo the same admissions review process regardless of the HSPT score. The committee will also look carefully at teacher recommendations to get the fullest possible view of the student. While strong academic achievement is important, St. Xavier values extracurricular involvement, community service, and leadership opportunities as well.
Registration deadline for accepted students is Friday, January 27, 2023. In order to enroll at St. Xavier students must finish the following three steps on the Admissions portal:
- Submit a deposit of $650.00
- Submit a copy of the student's birth certificate
- Complete and submit student information forms
The primary consideration for admission to St. Xavier High School is the prospective student's academic ability as measured by the High School Placement Test and the candidate's prior academic record. Generally, the decision to admit eighth-grade applicants is based on:
- Above average grades (generally all A's and B's)
- Exceptional recommendations from an English and math teacher, and a teacher of your choice
- High national standardized test scores
- Co-curricular involvement
Please submit the Release of Records Request to your school. If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 513.618.3258.