Application & HSPT
The primary consideration for admission to St. Xavier High School is the prospective student's academic ability as measured by the High School Placement Test and the candidate's prior academic record. Generally, the decision to admit eighth-grade applicants is based on:
- Above average grades (generally all A's and B's)
- A strong HSPT test score
- Exceptional recommendations from an English and math teacher, and a teacher of your choice
- Motivation and leadership potential as measured by the Student Engagement Assessment
- High national standardized test scores
- Co-curricular involvement
The application deadline for the Class of 2023 is Friday, November 30.
For students applying from non-parochial schools, please submit the Release of Records Request to your school. If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 513.618.3258. Students from parochial schools will receive their records request form from their current grade school principal.
High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- All students interested in applying to St. Xavier are required to take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) at St. X or an alternative approved testing site.
- The HSPT will be administered at St. Xavier High School on November 17, 2018 for a one-time fee of $30. At the time of the test you will be asked to indicate your top three high school choices to have your scores sent at no additional charge.
- If you have questions about registering, please contact the Office of Enrollment at 513.618.3258.
- St. Xavier will hold a make-up HSPT exam on Monday, November 26, from 12:30 - 4:30 p.m. Click here to register for the make-up exam.
St. Xavier High School recognizes that some students experience academic challenges due to a learning disability, attention problem, or other special learning difficulty. To be considered for accommodations on the St. Xavier High School entrance examination, please complete and return the Authorization for Release of Accommodation Information and any relevant academic or psychological documentation by Friday, November 2, 2018.
HSPT Prep Course
To assist students in their preparation for the High School Placement Test, St. Xavier faculty members offer test prep workshops on October 27 and November 3, 2018. Register now for the workshops. If you prefer to prepare independently, we recommend obtaining a copy of the Barron's COOP/HSPT (How to Prepare for Catholic High School Entrance Examinations).
Grandsons, sons, and brothers of St. Xavier alumni and brothers of current St. Xavier students may be given special consideration. To promote diversity, special consideration may be given to members of groups not traditionally represented at St. Xavier. The admission of any student is solely at the discretion of St. Xavier, and these considerations may be modified from time to time without notice.