The primary consideration for admission to St. Xavier High School is the prospective student's academic ability as measured by the entrance examination and the candidate's prior academic record. Generally, the decision to admit eighth-grade applicants is based on:
- Above average grades (generally all A's and B's)
- A strong St. Xavier entrance test score
- Exceptional recommendations from English and math teachers
- Motivation and leadership potential as measured by the Student Engagement Assessment
- High national standardized test scores
- Co-curricular involvement
For students applying from non-parochial schools, please submit the St. Xavier Release of Records Request to your school. If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 513.618.3258.
Grandsons, sons, and brothers of St. Xavier alumni and brothers of current St. Xavier students may be given special consideration. To promote diversity, special consideration may be given to members of groups not traditionally represented at St. Xavier. The admission of any student is solely at the discretion of St. Xavier, and these considerations may be modified from time to time without notice.