Afford St. Xavier
Affording a St. Xavier Education
Since 1831, St. Xavier High School has taken great pride in educating some of the brightest young men in the Cincinnati tri-state area. The Long Blue Line extends to every reach of not just our state and country, but the world. Students bring their unique talents and gifts when they arrive as young men, and leave equipped to face the world as Men for Others. We aim to continue to extend that reach by giving more opportunities to those wishing to be a part of the Long Blue Line.
Expanded affordability has been made possible by the very generous gifts of St. Xavier alumni, parents and friends. We are able to provide students of all backgrounds and situations who wish to attend our school the opportunity to do so.
Here are the ways a St. Xavier education can be affordable for you.
Xcellence Scholarships - APPLICATIONS FOR CLASS OF 2027 ARE NOW CLOSED
Xcellence Scholarships are 4-year renewable scholarships, which will be awarded to incoming freshmen based on a student’s score on the HSPT, quality of academic profile, history of leadership and service, and enthusiastic teacher recommendations. Additionally, students must complete the requirements laid out below.
To be clear, these are not and cannot be athletic scholarships. While leadership or activity in athletics can be a factor in determining these awards, athletic ability will not be.
In order to be considered for an award, prospective students must do the following:
- Complete the priority application by November 30. Click here to apply.
- Through either a thought-provoking video and/or essay, have responded to the following two questions by November 30:
- St. Xavier’s mission is to assist young men in their formation as leaders and Men for Others through rigorous college preparation in the Jesuit tradition. Please explain how you have been a leader OR a Man for Others in the last two years.
- When St. Xavier is successful in its educational mission, the graduating student will have the following qualities: Open to Growth, Intellectually Competent, Religious, Loving and Committed to Doing Justice (PLEASE read more about our Graduate at Graduation. Of the five categories defined in the St. Xavier Graduate at Graduation, in which category have you been most excellent in your seventh and eighth grade years? Please explain in detail.
- Essay and video submission can be uploaded to your Class of 2027 parent portal under Xcellence Scholarship.
- Applicants must attend in-person interviews with a St. Xavier representative at the school on December 10. Please save this date. In preparation, applicants should familiarize themselves with the qualities of the Graduate at Graduation.
Recipients will be notified January 11, 2023 with their decision letters. In order to maintain the scholarship, student must have a distinguished academic record and remain in good disciplinary standing.
FACTS Applications for the 2023-2024 School Year are now being accepted.
We have passed the priority application due date of November 30, 2022.
You can still apply for aid but we may not have sufficient time to evaluate your application to include an award amount with acceptances in January. All applications submitted by December 31, 2022 will be evaluated by January 31, 2023.
EdChoice Scholarship Eligibility
EdChoice funding is the first source of aid to bridge the gap between tuition and what a family can afford to pay. Therefore, eligibility for EdChoice scholarships is taken into consideration before any financial aid is offered through St. Xavier High School.
The State of Ohio provides $7,500 state-funded scholarships to students living in public school districts that the state has designated as low-performing. These scholarships may be used to attend private schools, including St. Xavier.
Eligibility is limited to 1) students who are currently living in a public school district designated as low-performing and 2) students currently enrolled in a public school who would be assigned to attend one of the public schools designated as low-performing in the upcoming school year.
Students, who are currently attending a private school with an EdChoice voucher and are assigned to a low-performing public school, can apply to transfer the voucher to St. Xavier.
The list of EdChoice-designated public schools can be found at https://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Other-Resources/Scholarships/EdChoice-Scholarship-Program .
Families who qualify for EdChoice are required to apply for EdChoice. Those receiving EdChoice must renew their EdChoice grant each year. See the EdChoice Tab below.
For more information regarding Tuition Assistance or EdChoice, please contact Kathy Raffenberg in the Business Office at 513.761.7815 ext. 132 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ohio Jon Peterson & Autism Scholarship
St. Xavier High School is a provider for the Ohio Department of Education’s Jon Peterson and Autism Scholarship Programs. Our Catholic school offers an inclusive general education environment designed to meet your child’s needs. Students needing special education services in grades 9 through 12 receive accommodations in the general education classroom while their Direct, specialized, Instruction will be addressed in the Educational Support Bell that is dedicated to students on IEPs. With a combination of the scholarships, tuition, federal funds, and state funds, we attempt to provide students with many of the services typically provided by the public schools. Currently, we have three full time Intervention Specialists and one full time Speech and Language Therapist employed by St. Xavier High School. We are also able to contract specialists on an as needed basis to provide OT, PT, Hearing Impaired support, etc. For more information, please visit our Academic Support page.
Admissions Department Contact Information
513.618.3258 | www.stxavier.org/admissions | email@example.com