Redwood Prep HSPT
St. Xavier High School is partnering with RedwoodPrep to offer a dynamic two-day enrichment workshop for eighth graders preparing for the High School Placement Test.
Tenured St. Xavier faculty members, Paul Rieselman and Jim Telles, credited with pioneering the Study Skills course at St. X for approximately 200 incoming freshmen will teach a curriculum developed by RedwoodPrep to assist young men and women as they prepare for the entrance exam.
- Classification, logic, synonyms, antonyms and analogies
- Geometric comparison, non-geometric comparison, number series and number manipulation
- Concepts and problem solving
- Comprehension and Synonyms
Primary areas of emphasis
- Time Management
- Problem-solving strategies
- Guided, Intensive Content Learning
- Practice Exams and Question Banks
- Mental Preparation and Confidence Building
- Session 1 (limited to 100 students)
- Saturday, October 27 and November 3/ 8 a.m. – Noon
- Session 2 (limited to 100 students)
- Saturday, October 27 and November 3 / 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Note: Saturday, November 10 has been designated an 'inclement weather' make-up session date
- $195 registration fee
To register for the RedwoodPrep course at St. Xavier High School, please visit www.RedwoodPrep.com.