Tuition & Tuition Assistance
Tuition for the 2014-2015 school year is $12,820.
To complete and file your Private School Aid Service application directly on-line, Click the following link: www.psas.org/1173.aspx.
To complete, print and file your applications by mail, click on the following link:
The Private School Aid Service application for tuition assistance is available here.
A St. Xavier High School education is a priceless investment in a young man's future. St. X High School wants to enable every deserving young man -- regardless of financial circumstance -- the opportunity to receive a St. Xavier High School education.
It is a goal of St. Xavier High School that no student be denied the opportunity of attending St. Xavier because of financial need. However, requests for assistance exceed the amount available ($3.2 million for 2013-2014), and therefore it is necessary to establish policies and procedures for distributing tuition assistance grants to ensure consistency and fairness.
Private School Aid Service (PSAS) is used as an objective evaluator and interpreter of financial need based on criteria applied to data submitted by the financial aid applicants.
For the 2013-2014 school year approximately 32% of students are receiving some amount of tuition assistance. The average amount granted was approximately $5,400.
Although each application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis and consideration is given to any special family circumstances, grants are mainly determined on the basis of family financial resources and the number of children attending schools that charge tuition. The following table of typical grants given for the 2013-2014 school year may be helpful information for families who wish to avail themselves of this assistance program and apply for a grant.
Number of Children in Tuition Schools
* Gross income includes taxable and non-taxable income plus other potential income from investments.
- Click the link above to access the PSAS tuition assistance application.
- Applications that show a clear need for an amount of aid based on the PSAS calculation, which considers income and other resources, will be listed for the Tuition Assistance Committee showing the amount needed (or requested, if less). Those that clearly do not qualify will be listed as “denied.” The committee will review all submitted applications.
- Applications where the need determination involves special circumstances and judgment will be circulated to committee members for their review and recommendation. These recommendations will be compiled for the committee’s review at a meeting in an effort to reach a consensus decision.
- The staff of St Xavier will be enlisted to ensure that families who need help preparing a timely and complete PSAS application receive it.
Tuition payments are due on the 21st of the month in July, September, November and January.
For more information regarding tuition assistance, please contact the St. Xavier High School Business Office at 513-761-7600 extension 137.