St. Xavier students are encouraged to take an active role in creating and implementing the religious programs of the school. Through their participation students develop skills for planning community prayer as well as an appreciation for the richness of the Catholic tradition. In addition to peer leadership on the Kairos and freshman retreats, they take leadership roles in many other ways:
- serving on the Liturgy board
- serving as ministers of the Word and Eucharist
- serving as music ministers
- creating environment and art for worship
- presiding at certain liturgical assemblies or leading Ignatian Examen meditations
- participating or leading prayers and reflections within their particular sport or activity as part of the Contemplatives in Activities program
Interested students are encouraged to visit the Campus Ministry Office.