The Jesuit High School in Cincinnati

The Beginning of the Long Blue line

(The Early Years)

The article linked below, The Beginning of the Long Blue Line 1840-1865 (the Early Years of St. Xavier College), was a labor of love and dedication for its author, Fr. Dennis Ahern, S.J. Fr. Ahern the Alumni Chaplain for St. Xavier High School, and graduate of St. Xavier High School (1956). His paper depicts the early Jesuits, Cincinnati and the beginnings of St. Xavier College (of which St. Xavier High School was a part) from the arrival of the Jesuits in 1840 through 1865.

This five-year project began with the overall presentation of class composite pictures back to 1921 along with an historical timeline, combining yearbook pictures with historical notes of the school, the city and the world.

The project was started during the tenure of former president Fr. Walter Deye, S.J. ’66. The Living Walls have been enjoyed by faculty, students, alumni and friends since their arrival. Out of the project grew a need for a more in depth look at the whole history of the school. Many hours of research and writing are combined in this article, as it looks at the early years of the school.

St. Xavier
High School

600 W. North Bend Rd | Cincinnati, Ohio 45224
(513) 761-7600 | Recommend a Student | Contact Us | Directions | Privacy Policy | Site Map

powered by finalsite